Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Burdick's Chamber Symphonies

After more than seven months work I have completed all 10 demo videos of my Chamber Symphonies.

This process that was quite a lot of work; getting the music into "Sibelius", some transferring from the program "Encore", and some entering from the handwritten score.

I wrote quite a few new movements and revised even more. Improved orchestration and re-orchestrated.

After the score is done, I record them in Digital Performer adjusting the sound files and recording the horn parts. From there, the video is extracted form Sibelius, the cover art is created and the film is put together in Final Cut Pro with the aiff (sound) files.

At the same time, while I am working on the video, I get the parts edited and uploaded to MusicaNeo.com for download.

This process of finalizing the scores to all ten symphonies (40 movements) for chamber ensemble or chamber orchestra has been one of coming to terms with who I have been and one of really finding what it is that I like in my music. I still like quite a diversity of musical styles, but a few of the items that prevail through all of them have been stabilized for future works.


To see ones output of works that spans 33 years is quite significant.

The whole play list can be found on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxTdvfxMIX0&list=PL0Zc1PYMVBjB3O0j3Zeb0FVULLPgT26ki

No comments: